Yoga + Wellness Services
The 1:1 Session, with self-care strategy + private yoga option
- Strategies tailored to busy women who are overworked, over-scheduled and overwhelmed
- Techniques for more mastery over your energy, mood and response to stress
- Self-care with simplicity and structure by Kelly Newsome’s Care Method, a practical 3-part framework
- Flexibility in your locale, with phone or Skype-based sessions
- Option to add private yoga, including prenatal/postnatal work: an at-home combination class of self-care strategy, private yoga and other bodywork, taking care of your body, mind and spirit in just one hour (limited to homes located in Washington, DC metro area)
- Ability to share any session with friends and loved ones
- Unlimited email support, undivided attention and lots of l.o.v.e.
For You + Your Women…
The Group Session, with speaking + advising for larger groups
- Speaking, instruction and education on well-being, including “Self-Care Strategy Labs” using our Whole Being Beauty™ Method, conference presentations and lunch-and-learn company sessions
- Group materials provided, depending on level of engagement
- Custom-designed program content and presentation available
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. What are some of the “everyday problems” that SCS sessions cover, and what is Kelly Newsome’s Care Method?
Some common areas include creating better food relationships and healthful eating habits, living more mindfully, managing personal energy and taking excellent self-care during and after pregnancy (such as foods to eat during/after pregnancy, birth preparation and pediatric sleep).
Kelly Newsome’s Care Method is a proprietary framework created by (shocking) Kelly Newsome, based on years of experiential and empirical research, designed to help women address essential self-care areas in an efficient, easy, meaningful manner.
2. How does Higher Ground’s private yoga option differ from regular yoga classes?
When compared to regular yoga classes, our clients note 3 big benefits of this service: (1) they save a lot of time, (2) they get a lot more attention and adjustments, and (3) they love the level of accountability and commitment that they only get with a partner-in-health.
For instance, our clients who enjoy private yoga:
- don’t rush to class from home or office, pack gym bags or show up at a class that’s too full…thus, wasting the whole effort (in fact, on average, our clients save 2 hours per session!)
- receive highly customized classes and hands-on adjustments, tailored to their bodies and preferences (even music)
- don’t worry about showing up late or fighting traffic because we’re the ones with the commute
- get unlimited email support in between classes
- have an accountability partner totally dedicated to their comprehensive wellness, which just isn’t available in a group setting
Most importantly, though, we seek to delight every Higher Ground Yoga client, and treat them like the gift that they are. We offer support and guidance in between sessions, celebrate special days and events, and even include little surprises along the way to make the relationship an experience.
3. What are “memberships”? How do I sign up?
Our memberships are 10-week commitments that give clients their own reserved weekly slot for self-care practice. To apply for a membership, connect with us here.
4. What kinds of clients does Higher Ground work with?
We support busy women who are truly committed to creating a space for self-care in their lives. Our clients understand that when they feel better, they’re able to give the best version of themselves to their families, their work, their community and the rest of the planet.
Most of our clients are moms with small children and big jobs, and they’re very familiar with HGY’s “Three O’s” (overworked, overscheduled and overwhelmed). Many are also first-time expecting mamas who benefit significantly from our prenatal and postnatal expertise, especially our trimester-specific prenatal program and labor and delivery support. We also welcome male clients who are partners of, or have been referred by, a current client.
No prior yoga or self-care practice is required for any service, just a commitment to honoring yourself.
5. I’m expecting my first baby. What makes Higher Ground different than prenatal yoga group classes?
First, congrats on your upcoming birth, and recognizing that your self-care is incredibly important to not only you but your baby! Second, in addition to the amazing private client perks listed above (see Q #2), Higher Ground offers a trimester-specific prenatal yoga program, birth day preparation consultations, birth doula services and postnatal yoga. It’s a one-stop shop with your own “birth partner-in-health” to help you prepare for, and honor the time after, the birth of your little one. See our New Mamas page for more.
6. I have an incredibly busy schedule, including travel. When are sessions held/offered?
Higher Ground offers client sessions from Wednesdays and Thursdays from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m., and Fridays from 6 a.m. until 3 p.m. Many of our clients travel regularly, and we often offer makeup appointments and special time slots to accommodate super-busy schedules.
7. I’m not very flexible or advanced. Should I wait until I’m “better” to add on yoga treatments?
Yoga treatments are for every level. The early stage of your yoga work is an ideal time because you’ll be getting a solid foundation of alignment and yoga education for years to come. The custom-fit sequences are designed especially for your level, and consider any injuries or special circumstances… and you can take breaks without worrying about missing anything or falling behind the rest of the class.
8. Can I bring a friend to my session?
We recommend that you keep most of your sessions solo, just to honor your precious alone time. That said…
We do love when you share the yoga-focused love. You can invite additional people to your yoga treatment at a per person rate or, for 4 or more, reserve a private class at a group rate. Note that your session content will vary depending on the number of participants.
9. Speaking of prices, what is my investment in a Higher Ground Yoga membership or a la carte services?
Our services are priced according to the current industry standard for similar services in Washington, DC and other major metropolitan areas. Prices are listed in our Services Guide, available upon request.
10. What other good stuff do I get with my private client membership?
Our members enjoy a one-on-one initial consultation and assessment, progress updates, feedback on sessions, loyalty rewards, unlimited email support, unconditional high-fives for being you, use of high-quality, premier yoga props (as applicable)…and special surprises along the way.
Of course, by making the commitment, you’re also getting more wellness, mindfulness, strength, flexibility, focus, endurance, patience, kindness… and by taking better care of yourself, you become the BEST VERSION OF YOURSELF for everyone around you.